Tuesday 17 February 2015

My Assessment Evaluation (Hair)


9.12.14

Technical assessments

Hair assessment

Overall, I was quite pleased with how my assessment turned out. I chose to do Burberry's AW14 look, which was a laid back tousled style.

I did my hair assessment on my dolls head, and had to use one heated appliance on it. The hair for the show was very natural. Loose hair with a bit of texture to it. This definitely suited the collection as it was full of prints.
Model Suki Waterhouse backstage
I found that the stylists used curlers to create the messy hair look, so for my assessment I used curlers as my heated appliance

Tools and products used

Water
Mousse
Setting spray
Hairspray
Radial brush
Hairdryer
Large barreled Curler

I started by wetting the hair with water, and added mousse to give volume and shine. Then I dried it with a radial brush, just to give it some extra volume. Next, starting with the bottom layer of hair, I sprayed some setting spray onto it and curled the hair. I repeated this over the whole head and then ran my fingers through the hair, to give it more of a relaxed look, rather than curly. Lastly I sprayed it with hairspray so it would keep its shape.
I gave myself 5 minutes to prep the hair e.g brush it and create my parting, then 5 minutes to wet the hair. Next I gave myself 20 minutes to dry the hair, and 20 minutes to curl it as these were the most time consuming and I knew I wanted to spend extra time on them. Finally I left 10 minutes for finishing touches.




 











































I was quite pleased with how my final look came out. It looks quite similar to the Burberry look and I liked the volume and shine it had to it. I think the bottom might have been slightly too curly, but I think that this amount of curl would still suit the look. I was pleased that I stuck to my timings as this means I am becoming more aware of my time management.

No comments:

Post a Comment