Saturday 7 March 2015

My Assessment Evaluation (Makeup)


10.12.14

Technical assessment

Makeup



My technical assessment for makeup on the day, went quite well. I think that I managed to stick to my time schedule well, and after practicing I was able to create a look that I was happy with.

Product list 

Base: Le Maquillage palette
Le Maquillage makeup mixer
Powder: Ben Nye neutral set
Blush: MAC Melba
Contour: Le Maquillage palette
Le Maquillage makeup mixer
Brows: Ben Nye Glam eyeshadows, Mink Stole, Au Naturelle, Cobblestone
Eyeshadow: Ben Nye, Brownberry, Egglplant, Au Naturelle, Shell
Liner: Ben Nye Black eyeshadow, Kryolan Contour pencil, White
Mascara: MAC Haute & Naughty
Lips: Kryolan lip palette, LC001, 002, 003, 010,White Aquacolour

My Mood board

I started by cleanse, toning and moisturising my models skin. She had no makeup on, so it only took 5 minutes. I then moved on to the base. For this I used a small amount of green on her skin, just to reduce the redness. I then took my palette and mixed my models colour and added makeup mixer, so I still had good coverage, but slightly sheerer, so it didn't look too heavy on her skin. Then mixing up a darker colour with the same palette, I applied it on the hollows of her cheeks as contour, and bought it down in a triangular shape towards her mouth. I chose to use a cream contour instead of a powder contour, as I found it easier get the colour I wanted, and buff it in so it looked natural.

After that I set it with translucent powder, and then brushed MAC blush in Melba over her cheeks to give her a bit of a glow. I then moved onto the brows, and for this I used Ben Nye eyeshadows in Au Naturelle, Mink Stole, and Cobblestone. I wanted the brows to be quite dark as they framed the face, and brushed them into place. Next I took the colour Brownberry over the whole lid, and then took the darker colour, eggplant, into the crease, to give definition. I then applied eggplant underneath the eye to make it slightly smokey, and buffed out the edges using Au Naturelle. Lastly I applied shell to the brow bone to highlight.

For the liner of the eyes I took black eyeshadow into the line of the lid, to make the lashes appear thicker, and added a white eyeliner to the waterline to open up the eye. Lastly on the eye, I coated the lashes in mascara and moved onto the lips.

For the lips I struggled a bit, as I couldn't get the colour I wanted, so in the end I added some of the Brownberry eyeshadow colour into my mix of lip colour. This actually turned out quite well, and it matched the eyeshadow colour, which was what I was trying to achieve.

 Overall I was quite pleased with how my look came out, and I was happy that I stuck to the timings I gave myself. I think that one downfall was that the white eyeliner on the waterline kept kicking up onto the top lid, which was quite annoying, but I really liked the colour of the lips I created, and how it matched the eyes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment