Monday 9 February 2015

Straight Blow Dry



21.10.14

Straight blow dry


Today we learnt how to straight blow dry hair. I had previously never blow dried or washed anyone's hair before but mine, so this was quite new for me. 

Tools and products used:
Shampoo 
Conditioner
Mousse
Denman brush
Paddle brush
Hair dryer

The first thing I did was check to see if my model was allergic to any shampoos, or conditioners. Then I placed towels around her neck, so that water didn't go over her. Once she had her hair in the basin, I turned on the tap making sure the temperature was okay for her. Once all of her hair was wet I started to shampoo the hair, which I repeated twice. I then conditioned the hair, and dried off excess water from her hair.
My model after her hair was washed
I started to brush her hair with my paddle brush, starting from the bottom, so that it didn't pull if I caught a tangle in her hair. Once it was all brushed I took some straightening mousse in my hands and ran it through to the ends so that the hair was soft once it was dried. I sectioned her hair off to start drying it and started with the bottom layer. 

I place my denman brush underneath the hair, and the hair drier pointing downwards on top of the hair, to flatten the cuticle so it became straight and so the hair becomes shiny.




This was my model once all of her hair was dried. I did enjoy this lesson, and really felt like I learnt a lot. I think just to finish off this look I could have put a small amount of serum over the ends, just to get rid of the fluffy bits, but overall I was quite happy with how the hair turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment