Tuesday 3 February 2015

Workshop session



10.12.14

Workshop session

The aim of today was to practice our chosen look for the practical assessment. I chose to recreate Burberry's AW14 look.




For this look I chose to use the Le maquillage palette on my model. The first thing I did was try to reduce the redness on my models cheeks, by using green mixed with makeup mixer. At first I applied too much and my model went slightly green! After fixing this I applied the base, and concealer under the eye. I then lightly powdered her face, but not too heavily, to keep a but of a fresh faced look. 

Next I wanted to contour her face and tried two different ways. On one side I used Ben Nye eyeshadows to create a contour, and on the other side I used the Maquillage palette to create a contour. I found that I preferred working with the powder contour as I was able to blend it easier.
I then applied Mac blushbaby blush to her cheeks.

Next I filled in her brows, and used the Ben Nye palette to create her pink eyes. I took Brownberry all over the lid and underneath the eye. I put eggplant in the crease just to give a bit of definition and then applied a very thin layer of blacktrack on the lash line, and coated the lashes in mascara.

One of the hardest parts I found was creating the lip colour. I used the Kryolan lip palette for this, but next time I think maybe I could just add a small amount of the eyeshadow colour to it, so it matches the eye colour.




I was happy with this look and how it came out, but next time I will definitely change a few things. First I am going to use powder contour instead of a creamier contour, and mix up the lip color with eyeshadow so that it matches the eye colour. 
One last thing I am going to add is white eyeliner in the waterline, as they have in the Burberry show.

No comments:

Post a Comment