Monday 9 March 2015

Face lace design


11.2.15
Face lace design

Demo by Branka

Today we experimented with creating a lace effect on our models face. I had a lot of fun this lesson, as I felt it was all very experimental and free. 

Product list
Spirit gum
MME
Dermacolour
Ben Nye eyeshadows
Le Maquillage palette
MAC concealer palette
Ben Nye translucent powder
Black aquacolour
Latex
Thread

For this look I started off by blocking out my models brows. For this I used spiritgum, brushed it into the brow, and then layered dermacolour on top of it. I then powdered it and repeated until I couldn't see my models brow. 

Next I mixed up her skin tone using Le Maquillage palette and applied it to her skin. I concealed areas that needed concealing such as around her nose, and then created a contour, using the maquillage palette. I was really happy with the contour colour for this look, as it really suited my model. Once I was happy I powdered her face with Ben Nye translucent powder to set the makeup. 

Then the fun began! Taking my aquacolour I freehand drew onto her skin, and just created a pattern. I really enjoyed being able to just draw freely whatever came to my mind. One thing I did find tricky was getting a nice flick on some of the ends of my lines, so this is something I could work on. Once I was happy with my design I took some latex and dabbed it onto the skin where I was going to add my lace. 

The last thing I did was apply a lip colour to my model. I settled for an orange colour as I thought the lace was already a big enough statement, without a bold lip too.

Overall I actually quite liked this look, and was pleased with how it came out. I think that focusing on hard and soft lines is something I could improve upon, to get that nice soft edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment