Monday 9 March 2015

Cagework


 10.2.15
Cagework

In lesson today we began to look at cagework, and how it is created. Cagework is often very avant-garde and looks very extravagant. Today we started off simple, by creating a bow which sits on top of the head. 

For this we used cardboard in a bow shape, and wrapped weft around it, this was actually a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, as trying to get the hair to stay in a certain position proved hard.


Once I had it all wrapped, I tied my dolls head back into a bun, and applied it using grips to the head. I think from the front this looks quite 
effective, but from the back grips are visible. This would be no good on a catwalk or red-carpet so neatening it up is definitely something to work on for me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment