Wednesday 20 May 2015

Final makeup practice


For my final practice, I used my face chart to guide me as I did my makeup. I was happy with how it turned out, and will definitely use this look for my final assessment .

Products I used:

Mac studio fix – NC20 
Mac concealer palette – NC30, Mid- yellow, Mid- peach
Ben Nye powder – Translucent
Mac blush – Harmony
Sleek contour palette
Nars Highlighter- Albatross
Mac eyebrow pencil – Lingering
Anastasia Beverly hills dip brow – Soft brown
Mac eyeshadow – White frost, Dazzle, light, Shroom, Satin Taupe
Sleek eyeshadow palette – The original
Revoloution eyeshadow palette – Redemption palette Iconic 1
Kryolan liquid liner – Black
Kryolan eyeliner – White
Eyelure lashes + Duo Glue
Mac Haute & Naughty mascara – Black

Makeup forever flash palette – Silver & Gold
Golden gems
I started by buffing studio fix into the skin, and taking my M.A.C concealer palette under the eyes, around the nose, and on the chin. I wanted my look to be really full coverage and polished. I then powdered her face slightly, and buffed harmony onto the hollows of her cheeks, down her nose, under her jaw, and onto her temples. I wanted her to look really sunkissed, so took my sleek palette over the top to give it some more definition, I then took my nars highlighter and swept it over her cheekbone, on her nose and above her brow bone. I really like this highlighter, as it is golder than M.A.C's vanilla pigment, which suits my look. I applied a small amount of blush to break up the contour slightly and then filled in her brows. I wanted them to be strong as well, like the contour.

Finished mask and makeup practise
Next I moved onto the eyes, where I applied layers of gold eyeshadow and buffed darker gold into the crease, and feathered it out. I wanted the eyes to be sightly muted, so I think this works well. I then added white under the brow bone and the inner corner of the eye. Taking my liquid liner, I created a thin liner, with a slight wing, which looked much better than the previous big winged liner. I added white liner to the water line and swept gold underneath the eye. I then added lashes which had a long thicker lash at the end, to give a nice sweeping lash look. I then applied gold to the lips but felt as if something was still missing I played around a bit and added gems to the inner corner of the eyes, and really liked the finished result.

No comments:

Post a Comment