Wednesday 20 May 2015

Hair practice


For the hair I was quite clear on what I wanted to do from the beginning. I didn't want it to be too much work, but I knew I wanted to incorporate braids, to give it a medieval style. My models hair is shoulder length, so I had to invest in some extensions to give more length. I wanted it really long so I bought 26" extensions, in a colour slightly darker than her hair, to give her hair more tones through it when it's plaited.


I started off my parting her hair down the middle, and sectioning off the bottom. I then added one layer of hair, clipped it in, and plaited her hair into it, making sure the ends weren't sticking out where her hair finished. I then took the plaited and pulled it out to give it a messier look. I carried on the whole way up to the top of the head, where I had sectioned off a small amount of hair at the front, to bring over the top layer, to hide all the clips. Once I repeated it on the other side, I bought both front sections over the top and tied them together at the back. Looking at it now, I am definitely going to get rid of the back bit by pinning it underneath itself in my assessment.
The most important part, which will make or break the look, is trying to hide all the clips.

 Overall I really like this look, and how it looks with my headpiece. Next time I think I will pull the plaits out a little more just to give it a slightly more rugged style.

No comments:

Post a Comment