Wednesday 10 December 2014

Classic Smokey eyes



5.11.14
Smokey eyes

Today we created a classic black smokey eye. Smokey eyes can be done with any colour, and can be any shape but they should always be smoldery and most importantly, well blended.
Demo by Branka

Products used
MAC Blacktrack
Ben Nye black eyeshadow
Ben Nye Brown eyeshadow
MAC Haute & Naughty Mascara
Maquillage palette
Maquillage makeup mixer
Ben Nye neutral set powder
Dermacolour
Vanilla pigment
Kryolan lip palette

Step by step
1.MAC blacktrack as base to give intensity, buff out no higher than crease
2. Blacktrack on waterline
3. Brush black eyeshadow over blacktrack, press up into crease
4. Matte eyeshadow skin tone, pack on under brow
5.Brown eyesahdow to add warmth and stop black going grey
- Milky coffee colour in crease
-Espresso colour buff in ON crease
6. Take toner over face to clean drop out
7. Maquillage palette with makeup mixer to give a light base
8. Concealer under eyes using dermacolour
9.Set with powder
10. Fill in brows with dermacolour
11. Minimal black eyeshadow under eye, buff light coffee colour into it and connect to top eyesahdow
12. Vanilla pigment under brow and inner corner of eye
13. Mascara
14. Maquillage palette for contour
15. Vanilla pigment on cheekbone
16. Blush using kroylan lip palette
17. Neutral lips too match the blush



I really liked this look, and enjoyed creating it, blacktrack took some getting used to working with as it dries so quickly, but I think i worked with it quite well. I was also quite happy with the base I created for my model.


Adding glitter

Demo by Branka

To give the look an extra sparkle, we added glitter. Using MAC shine mixing medium, and MAC reflex gold, I got my model to tip her head back and pressed the glitter into her eyelid. The I dusted the excess off her face. I actually found this harder than I thought this would be, as initially I added too much MAC shine, so the eyelid looked a bit glossy. Overall though, I really liked this look


No comments:

Post a Comment