Tuesday 9 December 2014

Eyeliner



22.10.14
Eyeliner

We started our lesson today by looking brushes and products such as Gel, cake, liquid and kohl when doing eyeliner. We then looked at things to take into consideration applying eyeliner. Eye shape and wrinkles are the main things to look out for when doing eyeliner, as it can affect the shape of your line. 

Demo by Branka Vorkapic
In her demo Branka used a screen face black eyeliner cake. 

Product list
Aquacolour
MAC Blacktrack


Step by step
1. Lift brow,  starting in middle, draw straight line to edge of lash
2. Get model to look left or right and draw into corner of eye
3. flick shape up from bottom

Eyeliner using Blacktrack
Eyeliner using Aquacolour

For this part of the look I definitely preferred the aquacolour, because I felt as if the shape I created with it suited my models eye more. I also liked the more intense black the aquacolour had.

Next we looked at graphic liners.
Demo by Branka Vorkapic
I loved this look that Branka created. It is very simple but effective. I really like how the pink lip is slightly reflected with the pink used below the eye. 

Product list
Maquillage palette
Dermacolour
Ben Nye powder
Aquacolour 
MAC Haute & Naughty mascara


Step by step 
1. Mix the base color for model using maquillage palette and apply
2. Apply dermacolour to conceal under eyes
3. Set with translucent powder
4. Dermacolour for eyebrows


When it was time to change the look and create a graphic liner, I definitely spent too much time on my models face rather than experimenting with the liner. I particularly felt like I had trouble with the base, as I didn't really like it on my models skin. As I spent too much time in this specific area, I quickly came up with a simple design which I wasn't really happy with. I would definitely go and revisit this to come up with something more interesting and unique

















No comments:

Post a Comment