Tuesday 9 December 2014

Washing & Blow drying



21.10.14
Shampooing, Conditioning and straight blow dry


Today we did a wash and straight blow dry, but on real people rather than doll heads. I had never washed another persons hair before, so I found it quite strange to start with, but by the end  really enjoyed it.

Products and Tools 
Shampoo and conditioner
Mousse
Paddle brush
Denman styling brush
Hairdryer

Step by step
I started by putting disposable towels on my models back, under her hair, and one on her front so water didn't go down her neck or on her clothing. I then adjusted the sink for her, and switched on the water, making sure it was at the right temperature for her so she was comfortable. I then shampooed and conditioned her hair twice, and washed it out making sure that my hand was a barrier between the water and her face.

I then wrapped her hair up in the towel and sat her down in the hair, ready to be blow dried.

I towel dried the hair as much as I could, and then brushed it out, to get rid of tangles and knots. I added some mousse for straightening the hair out. I then sectioned her hair, so that I could blow dry it bit by bit. I started from the underneath and worked my way to the top. Using my Denman brush, I placed it under the section of hair with the hair dryer pointing downwards on top of the hair to flatten the cuticle so the hair becomes straight and shiny.
    I repeated this section by section, until I got to the fringe, where I had to think about how the hair was parted, and how I was going to style it. 




Overall I was very pleased with how this look went. I think that for my first attempt it looks good and suits the model.  One thing that could have improved my look was just to add some vitapoint or serum to the ends of the hair, to smooth it out, as my model had a few split ends. This would have just bought the look together, but I am still pleased with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment