Monday 8 December 2014

Wet Set



7.10.14

Wet Brick Set

Today in our first practical session with Emma we did a wet brick set. One thing I find very difficult about Brick sets, is getting them all into the correct formation, and keeping them at a right angle at the head

Tools I used:                                                     Products used:
  Dolly Head                                                         Water spray    
Rollers                                                            Setting spray
Pins                                                                                
Hair Dryer                                                                               
Hair drying hood                                                                          
Pintail comb                                                                                


My wet brick set from the back

From the side
Step by step
1.Brush hair out to get rid of knots
2. Take section and wet with water
3. Spray with setting lotion
4. Starting at bottom of hair, roll up at 90 degrees until roller meets head
5. Brickwork pattern on rest of head
6. Place hair drying bonnet over head and place hair dryer in end
7. Make sure hair is dry, and dress out as desired

One thing I found very hard to do was to keep the tension in my rollers. It is definitely something I need to improve on simply by getting the angle right when I first put them in. Getting all the loose hairs into the rollers is also another area I need to work on. To do this I need to get used to always having my pintail comb in my hand, to scoop up the ends and curl them into the roller. I used some smaller rollers in places, which gave me a tighter curl.
My outcome
Overall I was quite happy with the outcome of my wet roller set, because it still had volume and style, but it is just the positioning and tension of the rollers I need to work on, to get a flawless and beauty look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment