Tuesday 3 February 2015

Classic catwalk makeup



26.11.14
Makeup from a Photograph

In today's lesson Branka gave us a photograph with a look we had to recreate. I find recreating looks quite nerve racking, as I feel like it has to be perfect. One thing I learnt from this session is that recreation doesn't need to be spot on.


My look
My model before
Products used

MAC face and Body
MAC concealer palette
Ben Nye translucent powder
MAC blusher Blushbaby
Ben Nye Eyeshadow Palette
MAC eyeshadows
Vanilla Pigment
MAC haute & Naughty mascara
Kryolan lip palette
MAC shine

Firstly I cleansed, toned and moisturised my models skin, to start with a clean fresh face. For this look I used face and body on my model, to give her a slightly dewy look, and lightly concealed around her nose and under her eyes, as in the photograph her skin looks quite clean. Then I lightly dusted translucent powder over her skin, to calm down the shine, whilst still keeping a dewy look. Using the Ben Nye eyeshadows, I mixed up a brown/ grey colour, and lightly dusted it under her cheekbones to give her a slight contour. I then very sparsely swept a blush over the apples of her cheeks.

Looking at the model in the photograph, I decided that her brows looked as if they were left quite natural, so I very gently used Ben Nye eyeshadow just to fill in thinner parts of my models brows.
Moving onto the eyeshadow, I found it quite hard to match the golden colour of the photograph, I used Mac eyeshadows, and Vanilla pigment to get the glow, but overall I wasn't very happy with how it came out. I used black eyeshadow to softly line her lid, and underneath the eye. I then applied mascara to her lashes. If I had had more time, I would have applied fake lashes to her eyes, as the model is wearing them in the photograph
My model

Lastly I mixed up a pink colour, which I found very difficult, and had to have a little bit of help with. Eventually I mixed a colour that was quite close, and added MAC chine on top of it, to add a glossier effect.


























I was quite happy with how I recreated this look, but a golder eyeshadow would have really completed it. I was quite happy with the lip shape here, and I feel as if I am slightly improving with lips which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment