Tuesday 3 February 2015

Texture



25.11.14
Hot Sticks & Crimpers

Texture was the main focus today, looking at different tools and techniques to create a very textured hairstyle. We used electrical tools, as well as rick-racking which I was excited to try, as I had heard and seen it before, but never actually tried it out. 


Products and tools used

Setting spray
Hairspray
Pins
Pintail comb
Hairbands
Straighteners
Crimpers
Hot sticks

Rick Racking

Rick Racking is the effect of taking a section of hair and placing a big pin at the root. Next you make a figure 8 with the hair around the pin, all the way to the end of the hair strand. Next I pressed straighteners on the top of it, too keep its shape.

Effect of rick racking
Hair rick racked















Very time consuming, but I think the effect you get out of it is very interesting, and trying to do a whole head of it, is something I would really like to do.
I also experimented with crimpers and hot sticks which I had used before.




I played around with hair shapes and pinning the textured hair. I ended up with a very textured updo. I don't think it is the most attractive hairstyle, but I can definitely see how texture can change and make hairstyles.

No comments:

Post a Comment