Tuesday 3 February 2015

Lips



12.11.14
Lipstick application

Today we looked at 3 different looks for lips.

The first look was a clean red lip.























Products used

MAC Cherry lip liner
MAC Ruby Woo lipstick

The first thing I did was sharpen my lip liner, so that it was clean and I could use it on my models lips. I then started by lining the cupids bow, and under the lip as a guideline. Then I feathered the lip liner out to the corners. I found it quite hard to line lips, as I thought I had quite an unsteady hand, but this is something I will improve upon with practice. Next using a lip brush I started in the centre of the lip and applied lipstick to the lip. 
For a matte finish, we took a tissue and put it over the lips. Then I took some powder and lightly patted it on top of the tissue. I really liked this technique, as you can make any lipstick matte.


The second look was an ombre lip






















Products used

MAC Cherry lip liner
MAC Ruby Woo lipstick
MAC Smolder eyeliner 

For this look, I simply applied the dark eyeliner over the top of the red lipstick, starting by lining the lips with it. Making it heavier in the corner and then blending it towards the centre of the lip, to give it the fading effect,
I really like this look as it can be achieved with lots of different colours and looks very effective. I think practicing lining lips is definitely something I need to do, so that the colour doesn't look like it's bleeding at the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment