Tuesday 3 February 2015

Long hair styling



2.12.14
Long hair up-do's

For this lesson we looked at styling longer hair into up-do's. In a look like this you could use padding, but today I chose not to. Looks such as these are often very pretty and feminine and are used in a lot of bridal styles.

Products and tools used

Setting spray
Hairspray
Pintail comb
Hairbands
Pins and grips
Carmen rollers
Hot sticks


I started my look by sectioning off the fringe, and putting the top layer of the hair into a brick set to get volume into it. I then put the rest into hot sticks to get movement and curls into it,



























Once they had cooled I took them out and started playing with styles. I ended up with quite a pretty up-do with a very curly back. This kind of style is quite classy and pretty and is something easily recreated for a prom, party or wedding.




I really enjoyed this lesson, and I was really happy with how my hairstyle came out, I think looking back, maybe padding would have been a good idea, just to give the style a bit more height from the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment