Tuesday 3 February 2015

Tonging & Curling



18.11.14
Electrical equipment;  tongs, straighteners and wands

Today we played around with different electrical equipment. We used tongs, straighteners, and conical wands. Depending on what sized barrel you used changed the size of your curl and your overall look. As we were using electricals, it was important to be aware of picking up hot tongs, and hanging wires. 

Using the conical wand was quite straight forward, and i got on with it quite well, but I think I preferred the curling tongs, as you could grip the hair in the clip and didn't have to worry about holding it or burning yourself as much.

Products and tools used

Setting spray
Hairspray
Paddle Brush
Pintail comb
Section clips
Conical wand
Straighteners
Curling tongs

Here I used sectioning clips to keep in the curls

I started by sectioning the hair, so that I could curl the bottom layers, and then worked my way to the top of the head. I sprayed each section of hair with sectioning spray and swept the ends into the barrel of the tong. I then put my comb between the tong and the head, to protect the scalp from burning. 
Using the conical wand, I curled with the fatter end of the wand at the root, and changed directions of the curls, to give a more natural look. 


























Overall I was quite pleased with the look I achieved at the end of this lesson. I think the only thing I wasn't entirely happy with was the fringe. It went slightly flat, so I could have maybe tried to create more volume into it, to match the rest of the hair. 
I think the overall look is very classic, and could be used at a number of occasions. If I was to recreate this look, I think I would probably just use curling tongs, as I found them easier to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment