Monday 9 March 2015

Colour beauty makeup


4.2.15
Colour beauty makeup

Demo by Branka
Today we experimented with colour again, which was a lot of fun. We took it a step further this time, incorporating colour onto the face and not just keeping it on the eyes.

Product list
Le Maquillage palette
MAC concealer palette
Ben Nye Translucent powder
Ben Nye Blusher palette 
White greasepaint
Inglot eyeshadows
Ben Nye Eyeshadows
Black aquacolour
Haute & Naughty mascara
Kryolan lip palette

Starting with my Maquillage palette, I mixed my models colour and applied it to her face. I then used this palette to create my contour. Taking the white greasepaint I then applied it to areas I wanted to highlight such as above the cheek, and the bridge of the nose. Taking a clean brush I then buffed it into the skin to look airbrushed. Doing this blended it with my foundation to look flawless. Once this was done I lightly set it with powder.
Taking the white greasepaint, I applied it to the eyelid and winged it out to create a big cat eye. Loading up my brush with green on one side and yellow on the other, I applied my colour to the lid, and flipped the brush to change the colour. Placing the two colours on top of each other in the middle blended them in together nicely. Taking my colour all the way down the wing, I then buffed a taupe colour into the crease. 

I then applied white greasepaint underneath the eye, and applied purple to the underneath. I then took my aquacolour and drew on my eyeliner, giving my model a big flick, to mirror her eyeshadow. Lastly on the eye I added mascara to the lashes. 

Moving onto the cheek, I applied white greasepaint to her cheek, and blended it down out towards the mouth. Taking a coral blush from the Ben Nye palette I applied to over the greasepaint and feathered it downwards, the applied translucent powder to the edges to soften them.

Lastly I filled in her brows with dermacolour, and then added aquacolour onto her face, to create an illustrated effect. 


Overall I think this lesson was a lot of fun. Playing around with shapes and colours was really interesting, and seeing how they suit the shapes of the face was also interesting. I think my blending could be improved, but for this look I was happy with the colour choices I made, and how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment