Monday 9 March 2015

Sleek ponytails and buns


3.2.15
Sleek ponytails and buns

In this lesson we looked at sleek ponytails, and buns. I actually found a sleek ponytail a lot harder than I thought as the amount of tension you need to keep it sleek was difficult. 

Tools used
Hairbands
Brushes
Straighteners
Pin box

 For my ponytail, I brushed out my hair, and then straightened it too ensure there were no kinks, and it would be smooth. I then brushed up all the hair and kept it taught where I wanted my ponytail to sit. I found that trying to tie it and keep it tied was actually very difficult. Once it was up I smoothed out the top, and my ponytail was done.


 From my ponytail I took it into a bun. For this I could have used padding to fill out my bun, but I simply took sections of the ponytail, backcombed it, rolled it back on itself and pinned it into place. Once it was all pinned I spread it out and joined it together using my pintail comb.Overall I think both these looks went quite well, but my main downfall was the tightness of the hair when gathering it into a ponytail. 



No comments:

Post a Comment