Monday 9 March 2015

Contrasting colours


21.1.15
Contrasting colours


Today we got experimental and played around with contrasting colours. I think todays lesson was fun as we got to be a bit creative. For this look we had to treat it a bit like a smokey eye, and learnt how white greasepaint underneath a colour really brings out the pigments.

Demo by Branka
Product list
Le Maquillage palette
Face + Body
MAC concealer palette
Ben Nye Translucent powder
Lingering + Stud brow pencils
White greasepaint
Inglot eyeshadows
Ben Nye Eyeshadows
Kryonla lip palette
Vaseline

I started by applying a small amount of greasepaint to my models eyelid, and applied my colour and blended it out, working it into the crease. I then took a the au naturelle colour from my ben nye palette and buffed it in all the way up to the brow. I then went back over with my colour to make it more vibrant. Taking my greasepaint I then applied it underneath the eye and in to the waterline. I then dabbed my chosen colour onto it and brushed away the excess for a clean line.

Next I moved onto my base. For this I used my maquillage palette which is full coverage, and went over it with a small amount of face and body, just to give my model a glossy look. I applied concealer to areas that needed it, such as underneath her eyes, and then set it with translucent powder, as I didn't want to add anymore colour to her skin. Taking my ben nye eyeshadows I created a contour and applied it to the hollows of her face such as the cheekbones and temples to make her look a little bit more sculpted. 

I then took my lingering eyebrow pencil from MAC and made an outline for her eyebrows. My model had no eyebrows, so I found matching them up evenly quite hard. After they were roughly the same, I took my brow pencil and drew in the hairs making small strokes. I then powdered and went over it with stud, a darker eyebrow pencil, just to give definition of the brow and a more realistic look.

Once I had finished her brows I took my Kryolan lip palette and using the pink colour I applied it to her lips, to match her eyeliner. Lastly taking some vaseline, I warmed it up in my fingers and applied it to the top of her cheeks, under the brow, and her chin to give a glow.






I was quite pleased with how this look came out, and I really liked how the intensity of the eyeshadow changed once greasepaint was applied underneath.  I think that the thing I was mostly proud of were her brows, and the thing I need to work on are definitely lip shapes.



No comments:

Post a Comment