Wednesday 20 May 2015

Face chart development


For my initial face chart designs, I decided to try out a gold eye, with silver lips. For this I would use my Makeup forever flash palette on the eyes, and on the lips.

I want the skin to be full coverage with a strong contour, and highlight. Taking my flash palette I think that I will put it on the eyelid as well as underneath the eye to balance it out. Then taking a black eyeliner I will line the top of the lid to create a feline shape. This is because even though I want my look to be reminiscent of a warrior, I still want her to look feminine and beautiful as my character is the goddess of love and fertility, as well as war.

I want to try this look out on a model, as I want to see how the contrast between a gold eye and silver will look.



My next look is a bit harsher, as I want to experiment with a stronger eyeliner, taking it all the way down to the corner of the eye socket, to emphasize the eyes.

I also want to try gold on the lips this time, with a small amount of goldleaf stuck on the middle of the lip to give the impression of gold ombre lips. I might also attempt gold form my flash palette on the lips instead of goldleaf.

For the eyes I'm going to keep them golden, but use eyeshadow instead, for a more muted effect as the liner is stronger for this look.







Another look I am going to carry out is covering my models eyebrows with gold. This could potentially look too much with my mask, but I am still going to try it.

For this I have toned down the eyeliner as the brows are the statement, but made the eyeshadow slightly stronger. I like the eyes for this look, and think they go nicely with the lips.

For the lips I am going to use the gold from my makeup forever flash palette, to create a gold lip, but just a touch of gold, as I don't want it to be too overpowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment