Wednesday 20 May 2015

Game of Thrones hair inspiration



Game of Thrones is a television series, and one thing that has always caught my eye about it is the hair styling. The use of plaits and braids in the hair is very effective, and really gives a medieval look. I really like the half up half down look, as you can still see the length of the hair. I will need to purchase extensions as looking at most of my inspirations, the hair is very long, and this is what makes it effective. My model will be blonde as if I am plaiting the hair it will show up better than dark hair, it also fits my character profile, as most of the descriptions of my character describe her with long blonde hair.

 Here is a style from another television series called 'Vikings'. I really like this style, and how close and neatly it is plaited against the head. It cold be interesting to plait material into the hair as well, such as pieces of gold thread.

The only thing I would worry about with a style such as this is keeping the plaits taught so that they stay against the head, and also if I added extensions, how I would conceal them in the hair with this style. I would probably have to sew them in and I think that would take up too much time.


This is a look I came across on pinterest, and I really like. I think that it would be quite easy to re-create a look like this. I really like how they look like matted dreadlocks, but somehow still have a feminine look to them. If I were to chooses a look like this, it would also be easy to cover the extensions which is something I really have to take into consideration. I think that I wold probably do different styles of plait over the head to break the look up, and backcomb the ends to keep the plaits in, instead of using bands, and it suits the look more.

No comments:

Post a Comment