Wednesday 20 May 2015

Practices

 Practice 1

This is the first look I created. I was pleased with how this look came out, but there were a few points which I think will need to be changed. 

For this look I used:

Base: M.A.C studio fix - as I wanted a full coverage
Concealer: M.A.C concealer palette
Powder: Ben Nye Powder translucent - Use on assessment day so that powder isn't picked up in photographs.
Contour: M.A.C blush Harmony, Ben Nye eyeshadow palette
Highlighter: M.A.C Vanilla pigment
Eyebrows: M.A.C lingering eyebrow pencil
Eyeshaow: Reveloution palette, redemption palette iconic 1. M.A.C eyeshadows, Frost white, shroom, Dazzle light, Satin taupe.
Eyeliner: Kryolan liquid, black, Kryolan White pencil
Mascara: M.A.C Haute & naughty
Lips: Makeup forever flash palette, gold & silver.

I wanted my look to be really full coverage with a strong contour and highlight. I wanted her to almost be glowing. I swept highlighter over the cheek bone and up above the brow, but I think that I would prefer to use the NARS Albatross highlighter next time, as it has a golder pigment to it, and I think it would compliment the look more.

Taking my eyebrow pencil in lingering, I shaped her brows and made them stronger, which I think is going to be a key part of my look, and then moved onto eyeshadow. For this I achieved a muted look by using darker shimmers in the crease and feathering the colour out onto the brow bone and onto the lid. I then gently swept a bronze colour under the eye, and lined the top lid. I also lined the waterline with white pencil to open up the eye, and applied mascara. I think a false eyelash would really complete this look.
Lastly for the lips I used my flash palette, and dabbed silver onto the middle of the lip for an ombre effect, but the silver didn't work as well as I thought, and just ended up making my model look washed out. Because of this I then tried gold on the lips, and it instantly warmed it up.

Overall I really like this look, but I think I want the skin to glow more, so next time I will be using NARS highlighter instead of Albatross. Also I am going to make the eyes golder to match the highlight, and add eyelashes as well, to make the eyes more prominent.











Practice 2




Next I tried out something a little different and attempted to make my models eyebrow gold, using the flash palette. I also used it on her eyelid, but it wasn't as intense as I thought it would be at all. I am glad I tried this out, but I am going to leave this idea here, and continue using eyeshadow on the eye instead. I could have maybe put a greasepaint on the eyelid first, to giver a more vibrant colour, but I think for the look I am heading towards a more muted eye will suit it. I am also going to stick to a strong, shaped brow, as I think gold brows will be too much with my mask.



Practice 3


Using the same products as before, this time, I wanted to
experiment with a more dramatic look. Using Kryolan liquid liner, I created a big dramatic wing liner. I also wanted to see what it would look like if i bought it down into the corner of the eye. I found this quite difficult to do on someone else, and struggled with getting them symmetrical. I then applied fake eyelashes to the eyes to open them up. After trying out eyeliner, I decided that as my contour and eyebrows will be strong, I'm going to stick with a subtler eyeliner.

The next thing I tried out was making th underneath of the eye slightly darker. To do this I took a dark gold from my revolution palette, and swept it underneath the outer corner of the eye. I think this really closed the eye up, which I didn't like.

The final thing I tried today was gold leaf on the lips. I applied a lip balm for it to stick too, and then stuck it on the lips. I didn't really like this effect and so took it off and applied the gold from my flash palette instead. I think the subtle golden glow is more complimenting to my look.








No comments:

Post a Comment